Our Environmental Policy
For more than 12 years, S3R Inc. has been an important Canadian environmental leader and a pioneer in the implementation of innovative waste management solutions for companies wishing to reduce their environmental footprint.
We believe that it is our privilege to reinforce true customer experiences in a dynamic of cost reduction while respecting the principles of sustainable development, while ensuring the sustainability of the solutions that are implemented and the proper management of our planet's resources, now and for future generations.
S3R distinguishes itself from other companies offering consulting services in waste management by implementing an innovative recycling program for the companies it serves. To date, S3R has diverted hundreds of thousands of tons of waste from landfill, allowing more than 1,000 businesses to drastically reduce their management costs and their environmental footprint.
The same principles apply to internal practices at S3R:
Drastically reducing CO2 emissions by:
- Reducing travel between home and work, notably by promoting telecommuting for over 6 years;
- Reducing and optimizing business travel (customer visits), by promoting virtual meetings, combining two face-to-face meetings into one and encouraging carpooling when possible;
- The use and storage of digital data online at the expense of paper printouts and physical file keeping - thereby limiting trips to the office to consult physical files.
The use of both sides of the paper is considered essential before it is confidentially recycled (shredding).
In a concern for continuous improvement, S3R is actively working to implement a process to reduce its environmental impact. S3R has set the following goals:
- Limit online data and emails kept to a minimum;
- Implement the ERP system to limit the number of documents with similar information;
- Putting electrical devices on standby or turning them off when not in use;
- Helping our customers to limit their environmental impact by reducing the amount of waste sent to landfills and the number of trips made to collect residual materials;
- Implement a circular economy platform for the reuse and recovery of our clients' residual materials;
- Implement training capsules for S3R employees on the environmental effects of their concrete professional activities;
- Implement an annual carbon footprint in order to set a quantified greenhouse gas emission reduction target;
- Re-evaluate annually the decisions made and the objectives set in order to maintain S3R in the achievement of the reduction of its environmental impact.